This job posting is no longer active
Brief Posting Description
The Rocky Mountain (RM) Exploration Manager will be responsible for developing and leading a comprehensive New Ventures strategy for the Rockies Business Unit (BU). This will include functional oversight of all G&G activities within the RM BU. Additionally, the position will coordinate with the Corporate New Ventures (Houston) team to ensure business unit strategy and objectives are aligned with the corporate strategic plan. This leadership role will also promote communication, and foster team contribution to deliver results consistent with the defined goals of the team.
Additional key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and lead comprehensive Exploration New Ventures (ENV) strategy and team for the RM BU
- Expand and capture additional resource plays of scale – large repeatable drilling programs
- Hire required team members for ENV effort
- Technical and Strategic input into plays company-wide through Corporate NV group
- Provide functional oversight for ongoing G&G effort across the BU – from Conventional to Unconventional efforts
- Assist in technical development and training of G&G staff in BU
- Coordinate the hiring of necessary G&G staff for the BU
- Work with Asset Managers to insure G&G manpower and resources within the assets are aligned with strategic business unit goals.
- Work with and within the Rockies management team to drive overall strategy, goals and results.
- Active involvement in screening and working A&D opportunities.
- Coordinate play reviews and exploration investment opportunities within the BU and Corporate NV. Provide consistency for all BU exploration projects.
- Participate in Drill Approvals and investment projects, providing geologic expertise/oversight.
- Provide guidance to insure exploration projects deliver tangible results and conclusions.
- Manage the exploration budget (G&G) and work with accounting team on monthly tracking and YTD projections.
- Active involvement with State and Local organizations including but not limited to regulatory and legislative/political bodies.
- Unconventional horizontal resource plays of scale.
- Well rounded G&G background with Rockies experience.
- Combination of exploration and development knowledge.
- Strong technical achiever.
- Proven oil and gas finder.
- Multi-basin experience including conventional and unconventional is a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years of upstream oil and gas experience including some experience with a major.
Education and Professional Experience:
- Masters degree in a related field is required (Geology, Geological Engineering, Petrophysics).
- Advanced understanding of prospect play analysis, reserves analysis, economics and risk assessment.
- Capacity to identify inherent play risks and immediately recommend prospects worth pursuing.
- Strategic thinker with ability to introduce innovative and sound solutions.
- Remarkable acumen in business matters.
- Excellent negotiation and advocacy skills.
- Ability to prepare and present clear, concise and persuasive oral/written opinions, reports and presentations.
- Ability to work independently reporting to the General Manager of the Rocky Mountain Region and the Vice President of Exploration in Houston.
- Extremely organized individual with the capacity to plan, prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently.
- Must have an established industry network with successful technical professionals and E&P companies.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with a multidiscipline oil and gas team and capacity to establish professional credibility with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to laterally influence and motivate Asset Managers, Land, Drilling and others while maintaining a positive and productive work environment.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility of working extended hours as needed.
How To Apply
This job posting is no longer active