Brief Posting Description
A summer intern at Newfield will work under the direction of an experienced land administration mentor on a variety of projects. Newfield will consider undergraduate and Masters Degree candidates for intern positions that have demonstrated strong academic performance.
Internships are available in The Woodlands, TX. Land Administration interns can expect to interface with the Land, Land Systems, Accounting and Marketing teams. Some of the potential projects which the intern may be engaged with include Company Owned Lands, Mineral Deeds and how to benefit from fractionalization of interest.
At Newfield, interns are considered to be a part of our winning team, contributing to the success of our company. Expect your summer to be fast-paced, exciting, and productive. Interns work on real projects intended to add material value to the company. At the conclusion of our summer internship program, each intern will present the results of their project work to our executive leadership team, technical staff and peers.
Interview candidates are required to provide a copy of their unofficial transcript during scheduled interview slot.
· Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical ability
· Self-starter with strong work ethic and focused intensity
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Acute attention to detail and understanding of big picture implications
· Willingness to learn and ask questions
· Positive attitude and commitment to acting as a team player
· Prior experience in energy industry preferred
About Land Administration
Land Administration is a team that is comprised of Lease Records, Division Orders and Special Projects. While the team is primarily focused on the accounting of acreage and division of interests they serve Newfield in many other areas and work with all teams within Newfield.