Brief Posting Description
This position will advise and support assigned business unit operational teams with regard to execution of SERC environmental initiatives and programs.
- Plans, coordinates and implements programs to manage environmental risk, and promote adherence to compliance regulations.
- Schedule planned visits to drilling, completion, workover, production and construction sites for regular inspections, assessments and audits in line with Company commitments.
- Oversee, coordinate, and / or conduct environmental compliance investigations.
- Provide guidance and assistance to field supervision regarding implementation of company Safety and Environmental Management System elements.
- Maintains records, reports, and documents required to meet corporate and regulatory requirements including environmental releases, inspections, training, etc.
- Coordinate and/or conduct environmental compliance training for Newfield field employees and contractors when applicable.
- Provide oversight of company SPCC Program to include inspection of field operations, training, and document management.
- Provide oversight of company Waste Management Program to include third party disposal audits and inspection of field operations.
- Company liaison between field operations and Federal, State & local regulatory agencies.
- Assist SERC team with emergency response planning and integration for assigned operational team.
- Frequent travel is required to outdoor work locations during all weather conditions.
- Ability to prepare and present clear and concise oral and written opinions, reports and presentations.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is required.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with a multidisciplinary oil and gas team and capacity to establish professional credibility with internal and external contacts.
- Detail oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently and within projected deadlines.
- Ability to offer creative solutions and must possess resourceful problem solving skills.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility of working extended hours as needed.
- Ability to work independently reporting to business unit leader.
- Team oriented individual with strong leadership ability to motivate and develop team members while maintaining a positive and productive work environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations and industry best practices.
- 5+ years of environmental compliance experience.
- Prior experience supporting onshore exploration and production or midstream operations strongly desired.
- B.S. in Environmental Engineering/Science or closely related field of study preferred.
- Professional certification (REP, CESCO) desired.