This job posting is no longer active
Brief Posting Description
The Sr Payroll Specialist will be responsible for the preparation, auditing, distribution, and reporting processes related to payroll for approximately 1,000 employees. This position is also responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of payroll, providing support for payroll accounting and related regulatory reporting and filing requirements, and providing information and assistance to internal and external ‘customers’ in all aspects related to payroll.
General Payroll Responsibilities
· Participate in a variety of payroll-related activities, ensuring accurate calculations, timely processing and compliance with Federal and multi-state laws. This will include, but is not limited to:
· Bi-weekly W-2 employee payrolls including monitoring the completion and approval process for timesheets and exception time reporting, distribution of payroll checks and electronic deposits.
· Prepare monthly 1099-R retiree payroll, and quarterly 1099-MISC Directors Fees payrolls.
· Stock Option, Restricted Stock, Bonus, and Severance Payrolls.
· System Administrator for ADP eTime Time and Labor system including integration of import/export files between accounting, payroll and eTime including setup and maintenance for user access both Payforce and eTime systems.
· Garnishment set up and correspondence for requirements included with Federal Tax Levies or Writs of Continuing Garnishments for creditor states.
· Reconciliation of quarterly wage & tax registers, annual W-2 forms, annual employee earnings statements, and reports.
· Ensure that only authorized salary information is used, proper accounts, earnings and deductions are setup and applied, and earning and deduction accumulators are utilized in accordance with IRS and other regulations.
· Assist in maintaining current payroll procedures documentation, including retention oversight of payroll data/files.
· Reconciliation of Payroll Cash Account, ESPP Account and Payroll Liability Accounts in the General Ledger.
· Prepares Payroll Journal Entries including posting to Oracle GL and acting as liaison between accounting and payroll to maintain data integrity and align with annual budgets.
Liaison with Internal Customers / Interaction with Third-Party Providers
· Provide ACH and wire information, as well as any miscellaneous credits/debits, sent to Treasury Department for each payroll processed (and/or from ADP).
· Prepare monthly employee audit reports for HRIS for data integrity between HR and Payroll system.
· Sends 401(k) file of employee deductions and employer match to plan provider.
· Review coding and submit third-party invoices for payment.
· Preparation of Statistical Reports and Census data for various state and government agencies.
· Research and assure compliance with various Federal and State laws and regulations.
· Prepare Worker’s Compensation information and assist in audit – annually.
· Provide requested information and assistance with all audits – as needed.
· Provide various standard or ad hoc reports for management information and decision making.
· Participate in special projects within or outside of Payroll functional area.
· A minimum of two years college with and emphasis in Business, Accounting, Finance or Tax preferred.
· System experience: ADP Payroll, ADP PayForce, ADP Reporting & ADP eTime a plus.
· A minimum of 5 years in payroll processing.
· Experience in Oracle HRMS a plus.
· Proficiency in business system applications – Microsoft Professional Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills.
· Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation or willing to complete.
· Strong customer service skills with an ability to effectively handle and resolve employee inquiries and issues.
· Attention to detail a must; ability to work with extreme accuracy under pressure.
· Excellent organizational skills utilized to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment and changing deadlines.
· There will be overtime, as required.
· Strict adherence to the security and confidentiality of all employees’ personal information.
· Understanding and application of IRS, federal, and multi-state rules and regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, deductions, retention requirements, and annual filings and applicable deadlines.
This job posting is no longer active